Thursday 10 April 2014

The Roncy Public Experience


On my ninth restaurant experience I ended up going to The Roncy Public Grill & Lounge located at 390 Roncesvalles Avenue in Toronto. I have noticed an apparent buzz since the grand opening in December. This sparked my inquisitive taste buds and lead to my recent visit to the The Roncy.  I absolutely love the atmosphere and ambiance inside The Roncy. The service is always friendly, and they make sure to play good music. Occasionally, they might even play a movie.  



Upon my arrival I sat down in the lounge where I ordered two appetizers and a main course.  For the two appetizers I got the three cheese selection and the pulled pork tacos.   
The three cheese selection is a great idea because they have a generous selection of cheeses to choose from. I thought that was a unique and great idea. I got the chèvre mariposa, applewood smoked cheddar and manchego. The chèvre mariposa is from Mariposa Dairy located in Kawartha Lake in Ontario. It is a pasteurized soft cheese made from goat’s milk. I love goat cheese, so this one was amazing. The applewood smoked cheddar is from Cows Creamery located in Prince Edward Island. It is a full-flavored unpasteurized cheddar cheese made from cow’s milk. The manchego is from La Mancha located in Spain. It is a semi-soft pasteurized cheese made from sheep’s milk.  This one was surprisingly good. The cheese selections are served with a fresh baguette cut into thin, lightly toasted slices and complimented with some honey, blackberry compote, candy tomatoes, dried apricots and dried figs. 



For my second appetizer I got the pulled pork tacos. Let’s talk about these pulled pork tacos for a second. These are hands down my favourite thing on the menu and maybe my favourite thing ever from any restaurant. I’ve gone back just for the tacos (and the friendly service of course!). These tacos are absolutely amazing and highly addictive. The tacos are braised pork shoulder served with an apple slaw topped with chèvre crema and hot sauce. They come in two flash-fried corn tortillas served warm. My mouth is watering just thinking about these delicious delights.  Since going, I have had a constant craving for them.  



For my main course I got the fried-chicken and waffles.  Buttermilk fried chicken with cornbread waffles are accompanied by maple bacon butter, blackberry compote and maple BBQ sauce. It was an unbelievably delicious dish.  The chicken was so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside; the waffles were fluffy and totally irresistible.   



My overall experience was amazing.  The Roncy Public is my new favorite restaurant in the city. I would recommend The Roncy to everyone.  It has something that everyone will like. It was definitely worth the long trip and I will be a continuous customer for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment